Dorothy (Dotty) Austgen is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional who dedicates herself to helping people feel confident about their future. One of Dotty’s favorite sayings is “Retirement isn’t about age; it’s about lifestyle.” She encourages people to start investing at as early of an age as possible, and she inspires people to enjoy the process.
“People sometimes avoid thinking about starting a retirement account. They may think they are too old. They may think they don’t have enough money. They may think that just thinking about financial planning is a pain. It’s my job to make financial planning interesting and as gratifying as possible.”
- Is passionate about educating people, young adults included, in financial planning matters and providing a foundation for their well-being.
- Has worked for Eley-Graham Financial Advisory Services for 21 years and serves the financial and retirement planning needs of individuals, families, and business owners.
- Hosts workshops and education sessions on all aspects of financial planning.
- Enjoys volunteer work, which includes sitting on the Cedar Lake Advisory Board. Through the board, she assists the Crown Point Community Foundation by giving input on awarding grants within the Cedar Lake community. She is also a member of the Schererville Chamber or Commerce.
Dotty’s personal interests include: travel, sports, fitness activities, reading, learning and spiritual development.
- Security Registrations Held: Series 6, Series 7, Series 63, Series 66, Series 24, and Series 51
- Insurance: Life and Health, Variable Annuity