The Education Coupler(℠)
We recognize that the costs for education can be significant. There are worthwhile programs that can address this need. The Education Coupler(℠) incorporates other areas of the financial planning process to help you understand education funding options as you develop strategies for your loved-one(s).
We will help you understand the programs available as you evaluate these strategies to determine your best options. In addition, there are other compelling planning considerations such as tax savings, having the proper estate documents for the student, and evaluating liability factors in student loan financing and pay-off(s).
You’ll consider questions such as:
- Do you want to own and control the assets?
- Do you want these assets to be available to your children at their age of majority
(age 18 or 21, depending on the state)?
- Do you want to fund a portion or all of the education?
- What happens if a scholarship becomes available?
- What if you co-signed on a loan and the student cannot make the payments?
- If catastrophe strikes, are you prepared?
The answer to these questions could help determine the proper track for funding education costs. We’ll also look at the investment alternatives available and evaluate the plusses and minuses of each program. The sooner you begin taking advantage of these opportunities, the more beneficial The Education Coupler(℠) becomes as you continue your journey.
The Education Coupler(℠) may include a funding analysis for:
- State Schools
- Private Schools
- Trade Schools
- Post-Graduate Schools
- Out-of-State Institutions
- Life Insurance Needs